Saturday, 23 July 2011

I am a Norwegian

I am from Edinburgh and consider myself Scottish through and through. However, after the terrible terrorist attacks in Olso and Utoeya Island and after hearing a Swedish man in Oslo say that "he was now a Norwegian" I understand exactly what he means and everybody should be declaring that "I am a Norwegian".

Our national barb Rabbie Burns wrote that a song called "A Man's a Man for A' That", in principal, the song indicates that that everyone is same under the skin. Another Scots phrase is "We are all Jock Tamson's Bairns" which loosely translated means "we are all John Thomson's Children" i.e. we are all the same species 'homo sapiens'. As such we should all work to the benefit of all the human race and not one of the many human ideologies or religions.

For God's Sake (whether you are Christian, Muslim, Bhuddist, Jewish, etc.) let's stop this type of senseless killing now and live together as humans. Politicians do not matter, everyone of them has their own interests at heart. They are the ones that have led so many to war and have created the situations that have led humans to kill humans.

As humans we do need guidance but with normal common sense, human morality and ethics it should be the starting point to allow us to progress as a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment